Sunday, February 19, 2012

New Hope

So I'm finally trying to get myself to get back into church. God and I haven't been on the best of terms lately, I haven't been in church (or doing much of anything spiritual) for over a year now and I just feel like I need to get back into a good church family and back to God.


Mamma and I have gone to a little church that's just down the street from us for two weeks in a row now and we're really liking it so far. It seems like just the kind of place I was looking for; very welcoming, non-judgmental, a place for imperfect people, and of course Bible based.


Well so the other day mamma and I went to a ladies luncheon with this church (to the Olive Garden, oh ya! lol) and, I hate to say it, but to my surprise I had a great time! I was thinking it was going to be just a few people and all much older than me...not that I have a problem with older people, I can get along with pretty much anyone if I want to, but they don't always want to get along with me. But there were about 20 of us, and though they were all a good bit older than I, we got along great and I really enjoyed meeting all of them and getting to spend some time with them. They truly seem like an amazing group of godly women.


I am still struggling with a lot of things in my life, one of which being who I am in Christ and thus how I should be living my life. But regardless of how I think of myself at any given moment, I do know, somewhere deep down, what the truth is...like it or not...and I can choose to believe it, or ignore it. Its up to me.


Now I am about to get ready to go to church again this morning. My sister and her family are here this week so we thought it would be nice for us to all go together...we could all use a little prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment