Wednesday, December 28, 2011

No white Christmas, but it wasn't blue either!

Well it was a great Christmas for me! Even though it was an unbelievable 80 something degrees down here on both Christmas Eve and Christmas Day lol.

First off, Santa Cherry (that's me) was able to get a little something for her family, which made her extremely happy! I was so disappointed thinking that I wouldn't be able to do even a little bit, but when I got off work early on Friday, and that being payday, I decided to battle my way through the crowds and go last minute Christmas shopping...and for those of you who don't know, I do NOT do last minute Christmas shopping, or Black Friday shopping for that matter; the sales just aren't worth it to me. But luckily I was able to get everything I needed at the one-stop shop that is Target. They saved my ass and everything was on sale! So one hour and $70 later I was ready for Christmas! Plus, nobody was home when I got there so I didn't have to sneak things in, so I was able to surprise everyone (my parents and my brother) on Christmas morning with presents under the tree! And to top it all off, everyone loved their gift (way-to-go, Santa Cherry)!!

Moving on, it was SO good to see my brother for a couple of days! Work was slow and I didn't get called in on my days off (Sunday and Monday) so I got two good days to spend with my brother. Though I didn't go to our neighbor's party on Christmas Eve, we had a great time Christmas night when we went over to their house for dessert; staying up till midnight talking and drinking. I did miss not having my sister there, but we video chatted with her and her family for a few minutes so we at least got to see and talk to her.

I got much more from "Santa" than I was expecting too! First of all, I got about five used Xbox games from my brother (ones that he doesn't play anymore), and my actually present from him was the new/old Halo Anniversary. So happy about that because now, even though we live in different states, we can play Halo together like we use to when it first came out! I also got Wipeout: In The Zone and Disneyland Adventures, both for Kinect, two DVDs; Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides, and Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader, and some cute hair pins from my aunts, uncles and cousins up in Georgia. Along with the XBox and Kinect, the ring, purse, and glass pumpkin I got as early presents, it was quite a Christmas!

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas too!


My early Christmas presents from Lee:

  The Glass Pumpkin; White with black stem                                               The Ruby Ring

Some of my Christmas presents from the family:
                                                                                           Video games
DVDs

No comments:

Post a Comment