Friday, November 18, 2011

Breaking Dawn ~ Part 1

My girlfriends and I went to see the midnight showing of The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 1 on Thursday, I'm still somewhat speechless! It was SO amazing! I think I cried through most of it and didn't breathe through at least the last half. They just keep getting better and better!

I meant to get this out yesterday but I just needed more time to collect my thoughts (and stop crying lol). But anyway here it is, my thoughts on the movie...

SPOILER ALERT:
I loved the whole wedding, it was so beautiful and just as magnificent as I pictured it while reading the book! I just about died laughing when everyone was making their toasts. And when you saw Stephenie Meyer the look on her face was just like a proud parent; her children all grown up and getting married! I thought the honeymoon was done very tastefully, though it was actually a little bit more risqué than I thought it would be I still thought it was done well for a family movie. 

I was a little disappointed that they completely left out the awesome, super-safe car that Edward gave Bella, that would have been a fun little scene if nothing else. And I wasn't thrilled with the scene where Jacob leaves the pack when the wolves are talking together in there minds. I think without changing that scene from the book entirely they did a good job but for some reason I just didn't like it that much. I would have liked to see a little more of an explanation of why Rosalie was so protective and on Bella's side about her having the baby. I also wish they would have gone a little more into the details of when Bella was pregnant at the Cullen's house; like the fact that she couldn't keep any food down or that the baby was basically eating her from the inside out.

I thought they did a great job at making Bella look as terrible while she was pregnant as she was described in the book. And I loved the birth scene, it was so how I had pictured it! Though it was difficult to see through all my tears. Even though I knew what was going to happen I was so wrapped up in it that I couldn't help it (I cried through the book too)!

I was wondering where they were going to end it and I think they picked a really good spot. Did anyone stay for the extra scene after the first part of the credits?

All in all I LOVED it! I know, big surprise lol. I thought they did an amazing job bringing it all to life and making things as amazing as they are in the book! I hope to go see it again either this weekend or next to catch all the little things that I missed the first time!

No comments:

Post a Comment