Sunday, November 6, 2011

The Lost Holiday

Halloween is over and our sights should be fixed on making that perfect holiday feast that is Thanksgiving...at least, that's what I think.


It has always bothered me that "Christmas" would start SO early in the stores, I mean I would like to finish buying my 4th of July things before I have to start thinking about what I'm doing for Christmas! It really got to me a few years ago though when my radio station started playing Christmas music the day BEFORE Thanksgiving instead of the day after like they had been doing for years...I have to say I just about had a cow that year. I do not want to listen to Christmas music while making Thanksgiving dinner, thank you very much! 


The reason I mention this is because I was at the mall last night; we just went to walk around and look but when we came across Bath & Body Works we just had to go in and see what was new. Well, it took me a few minutes to realize it (I was a little enthrall with all the wonderful new, and old, things) but they had already decorated for Christmas and were playing Christmas music! I guess I just don't go shopping enough but I couldn't believe it, its only the first week of November...I haven't even planned my Thanksgiving meal yet and I'm already pushed into Christmas. 


I love my holidays, all of them, and I want to enjoy each of them to their fullest. I don't understand why we don't want to make a big thing out of Thanksgiving like we do for Halloween, July 4th, Easter, Christmas, and even New Year...I mean come on, what do those holidays have that Thanksgiving doesn't??


Well, with that being said I also have to admit that I had a lot of fun in that store, got some wonderful holiday fragrances (at a great price) and am thoroughly enjoying them already!


I hope you don't mind but I just had to rant a little bit about the poor lost Thanksgiving holiday. Thank you :)

No comments:

Post a Comment