Friday, November 25, 2011

A Thankful Thanksgiving

What an amazing Thanksgiving this year! I hope everyone else had a great Thanksgiving too!


I'll make this short and sweet because its been a long week and I'm still trying to recover, but I just wanted to say how thankful I am for the time I got to spend with my new niece and nephew over the last few days! My sister, her new husband and his two kids came down and spent this last week with us. It was their first Thanksgiving as a family and the first time I have gotten to see the kids (who are now almost 7 and 9) since the wedding about a year ago. 


It was so wonderful to get to know them and share our family and Thanksgiving traditions with them as part of our family this year. This is my first experience as an aunt and I must say it was great! I'm not much of a kid person but I love these kids and I truly hope to get to spend more time with them, not just at holidays.


So now that we have had a time of remembering what we are thankful for and why, its on to Christmas! And yes, before you ask I did start listening to Christmas music today, though I didn't do any of that craziness that is Black Friday shopping. And I think this weekend its time to start the decorating!

No comments:

Post a Comment